Monday, April 28, 2008

PW's Salad


Here is something a bit lighter and healthier than my last post. I saw this recipe on Pioneer Woman's blog and have been wanting to try it ever since. Finally got my chance. SO yummy!!! And really pretty easy and pretty healthy (well, except the dressing maybe....).

I'm just going to post the link to the recipe as she has all the step-by-step instructions and pictures. TRY THIS!!! And invite a friend or two, it makes a TON.

Pioneer Woman's Salad

The veggies I used were baby spinach, red yellow and orange peppers, cucumbers (I peeled, seeded and sliced thin), shredded carrots (buy them pre-shredded!), purple cabbage, Napa cabbage, green onions....oh and I used whole-wheat linguine. And no hot peppers in the dressing, and toned down the cilantro a bit. You can really do whatever you want here, it's pretty versatile. Some extra salt is needed when you serve it....and the chopped cashews on top are yummy.

I think I'm going to eat it for lunch. AGAIN. Yum.

No comments: