Friday, March 7, 2008

Crispy Cinnamon French Toast

This is a popular recipe in our house - usually for dinner. In fact, tonight's dinner! This recipe is also great for a group since it's all done at the same time, unlike normal french toast where someone is always waiting to eat! Try it - it's really easy and I think you'll love it. Even those of you that don't like soggy bread, and you KNOW who you are. ;)

Crispy Cinnamon French Toast
3 cups corn flakes -- coarsely crushed
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
12 1" thick french bread slices

Preheat oven to 450°. Combine crushed cereal, sugar and cinnamon in pie plate. Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and salt in another pie plate. Let bread soak in egg mixture about 30 seconds on each side; coat with cereal mixture. Place on cookie sheet sprayed lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Drizzle 2 Tbsp. melted butter over slices. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve with warmed maple syrup. (Bacon and sausage optional.)

6 comments:

The Coatney's said...

Yay! I've been checking constantly for a new recipe! This sounds so good! I can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

I made the crispy French Toast this morning for breakfast and, after an un-easy scrutiny from Allen of the pre-baked product....when it was done and all nicely browned and crispy, he snarfed it down and said "We could have this again!" LOL!!! He doesn't say that very often! It was SO GOOD. Good thing I didn't make a full batch or we would be rolling around the house. I will never eat plain French Toast again. Ever.\,,/

Sam and Brandi said...

I've eaten it and liked it!

Kathy said...

This looks way too good... I'm going to make this! I have a huge box of uneaten corn flakes just screaming to be put on top of french toast... yummy!!!

Avery Adventures said...

I made these for breakfast today (I had planned ALL week long to do so)- and I was not dissapointed!! These were fabulous! I think the trick is soaking the bread long enough! Yummy!

Kimberly said...

Can't wait to try out this recipe. We LOVE french toast at our house but I don't like being the one standing at the stove while everyone else is eating in shifts! This will definitely make my kiddos happy and me too!