Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tortilla Soup

My friend LaMonica nicely reminded me that I haven't updated this thing for TWO months. Yikes. Sorry about that. I actually have lots of recipes to post on here, I just haven't had the time. But here is a quick one that is so so good. It's actually from my friend Michele and it's the easiest recipe and SO YUMMY. Perfect for this blustery weather that western Washington is getting right now. Enjoy!

Michele's Tortilla Soup
3 to 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
2 cans black beans, undrained
2 cans Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 4 oz can diced green chiles
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup salsa (any kind, just pick your favorite)

Mix all the ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. When ready to serve, take chicken out to shred. Return to crockpot. For serving, crumble tortilla chips in bottom of each bowl, pour soup on top. Top with shredded cheese and sour cream as desired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Delish!! This is such a hearty soup and so easy...Thanks Michele and Mel! :)
LaMonica