Friday, January 30, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes

I know people typically make things like this in the fall but I needed a quick dinner last night and didn't really want regular pancakes. And my family loves these and they are really oh so easy. They are best served with real maple syrup, but that can be spendy and they are still really good with regular syrup. I think we had Log Cabin. And let me point out that my picky husband ate 6 of these yummies.

Pumpkin Pancakes
2 cups flour
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
1 egg
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp vinegar (I usually use apple cider vinegar)

In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt; stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
Heat a lightly oiled or buttered griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

No comments: